Tuesday, January 20

I bought stuff, that didn't cost me, but I spent money to get money I didn't need.

So I bought 2 things today, but neither of them cost me a dime. :) Yet I still spent money & didn't need money.
Have I lost you yet?
Well, I went to the hospital to check in on Susie & to meet Sabrina's baby boy, Brandon. I wanted to take something sugary to Susie to help with her low blood sugar (and 'cause I'm sure hospital food gets boring quick!), and I just HAD to take Sabrina some lemonade, 'cause that's the after-birth treat she chose with Trey. I know the rules, so I know I'm not "suppose" to do anything. But this is a rare circumstance - Susie is in a tough position & Sabrina didn't have an easy birth. It just so happens that I have a Starbucks gift card from Christmas, so I decided I'd use it under these special circumstances & call it good. Seems fair, right? So, Susie got a blueberry muffin & Sabrina got some lemonade, and I didn't spend a penny. I realize this is the 2nd time I've stretched the rules, but come on - I didn't even buy myself anything at Starbucks.
Now, pick your jaw up off the floor so I can continue...
No, seriously, pick it up...
Okay. So, I grabbed the goodies & headed to the hospital. As I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a note. Due to some kind of upgrade they weren't accepting credit/debit cards as payment. Well, what am I gonna do? I wasn't turning around at that point. So, I decided I'd hunt down the ATM machine & get cash, and just deal with it. Once I found the ATM & attempted to get the money it told me there would be a $1.50 service fee. OF COURSE! That plus the $1.50 my bank is gonna charge has now made my $10 cost me $13. Nice. sigh
I finished up visiting & got to the car. When I went to pull out the attendant was gone. AND THE FLIPPING GATE WAS UP. Yes, I should be happy. I got to park for free. But it wasn't free 'cause it cost me $3. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Still not too shabby though, I got 2 treats for the girls & parked at the hospital, and it only cost me $3. I'll take it. Nothing would've been the optimum expenditure, but it's all good.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

You are such a sweet friend! That was so nice of you to do for them. :)

Brandie said...

That was very sweet of you!!! And btw, giftcards are freebies!!! I don't consider those stretching the rules.

Dawn Endres said...

Aw! What a swee thing to do! I probably won't get to the hospital to see Sabrina & the baby but, I'm making her a meal this week and I will get to see them. I think you did good! You are SO not a rule braker. hehe!

Holly said...

We decided that gift cards are ok to spend whatever on. I still have an Old Navy one that I need to go get some new jeans with! :) You are a super sweet friend for doing all that. Tell Sabrina Congrats for me!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.