Tuesday, January 20

I bought stuff, that didn't cost me, but I spent money to get money I didn't need.

So I bought 2 things today, but neither of them cost me a dime. :) Yet I still spent money & didn't need money.
Have I lost you yet?
Well, I went to the hospital to check in on Susie & to meet Sabrina's baby boy, Brandon. I wanted to take something sugary to Susie to help with her low blood sugar (and 'cause I'm sure hospital food gets boring quick!), and I just HAD to take Sabrina some lemonade, 'cause that's the after-birth treat she chose with Trey. I know the rules, so I know I'm not "suppose" to do anything. But this is a rare circumstance - Susie is in a tough position & Sabrina didn't have an easy birth. It just so happens that I have a Starbucks gift card from Christmas, so I decided I'd use it under these special circumstances & call it good. Seems fair, right? So, Susie got a blueberry muffin & Sabrina got some lemonade, and I didn't spend a penny. I realize this is the 2nd time I've stretched the rules, but come on - I didn't even buy myself anything at Starbucks.
Now, pick your jaw up off the floor so I can continue...
No, seriously, pick it up...
Okay. So, I grabbed the goodies & headed to the hospital. As I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a note. Due to some kind of upgrade they weren't accepting credit/debit cards as payment. Well, what am I gonna do? I wasn't turning around at that point. So, I decided I'd hunt down the ATM machine & get cash, and just deal with it. Once I found the ATM & attempted to get the money it told me there would be a $1.50 service fee. OF COURSE! That plus the $1.50 my bank is gonna charge has now made my $10 cost me $13. Nice. sigh
I finished up visiting & got to the car. When I went to pull out the attendant was gone. AND THE FLIPPING GATE WAS UP. Yes, I should be happy. I got to park for free. But it wasn't free 'cause it cost me $3. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Still not too shabby though, I got 2 treats for the girls & parked at the hospital, and it only cost me $3. I'll take it. Nothing would've been the optimum expenditure, but it's all good.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

You are such a sweet friend! That was so nice of you to do for them. :)

Brandie said...

That was very sweet of you!!! And btw, giftcards are freebies!!! I don't consider those stretching the rules.

Dawn Endres said...

Aw! What a swee thing to do! I probably won't get to the hospital to see Sabrina & the baby but, I'm making her a meal this week and I will get to see them. I think you did good! You are SO not a rule braker. hehe!

Holly said...

We decided that gift cards are ok to spend whatever on. I still have an Old Navy one that I need to go get some new jeans with! :) You are a super sweet friend for doing all that. Tell Sabrina Congrats for me!!

crusaderservices said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
debtsfreelife said...

Debt Free Life is the key to your Financial Freedom. Debt Free Life is one of the most experienced Debt Settlement companies in the country. If you are accepted into our Debt Elimination program and follow our simple but comprehensive Debt Negotiation program steps, YOU WILL SUCCEED
Debt Free