Thursday, February 12

Wednesday & Thursday

I totally forgot that I didn't re-post yesterday. I typed out a whole blog then accidentally deleted it all somehow. sigh The jest of it was that I had Taco Bueno for lunch. I was beating myself up about it, but the rules allow us to go out to eat once/week if we want to, so I finally decided I should just go. They have these new vegetarian black bean & rice burritos... OMGosh they are sooo good! I wish I hadn't discovered them. ;)
On to today...
I generally buy groceries twice/month (one big trip & one "small" trip) & do any small fill-ins as needed (milk, fruit, etc.). This week was the week for the smaller trip & I decided to go this afternoon, since Kasen needed milk. Of course he hadn't had a nap all day so I was afraid I'd be pushing it, but he was great. Although I learned a lesson I should've already learned by now... Do not give a toddler a chunk of cheese to hold when he asks. He will take a bit of it - even though there is plastic wrap on it. LOL! I bought a few things for some new recipes I want to try out. I go through phases where I really want to cook/bake all the time & I'm in one of those right now. Granola bars, un-cheese dip, and no-fish fish sticks are the recipes calling my name now. Granola bars are SO easy to make, I've just got to figure out what combo of nuts/fruit/other stuff I really like. The un-cheese dip is waiting to be heated up. It smells yummy & my thinking is that since it actually has no cheese it has less calories & fat, so I can eat more... Right? The no-fish fish stick may or may not be good. I'll probably try them out this weekend. I hope I can at least convince Kasen to eat them with me. (I highly doubt I'll trick Luke into believe that the tofu is fish...)

2 comments:

Chrystyna said...

Good luck getting Kasen to eat those fish sticks. I'd smell tofu coming a mile away :)
And don't beat yourself up about going out. You've saved a ton from all the weeks you haven't eaten out. You have to be able to do a few things in life you enjoy, right ;)

Dina said...

I'll have to check out the veggie burritos at TB.

I will be honest - the ingredients to that uncheese dip made me gag little LOL but I am glad it turned out good.

I love tofu but tofu fish sticks sounds interesting...