Monday, June 1

Why not... May in review.

Almost seems pointless since we sorta blew it the last 2 weeks. Here we go anyway...

Rule #1 - nothing new - totally broken. Had to buy some work clothes. Bought Kasen a pool. Bought some new pillows. There were a few other things in there too, we went crazy.
Rule #2 - no frivolous spending - broken. See above. Plus Luke sent me flowers for our anniversary. Really sweet, but totally frivolous.
Rule #4 - 1 family outing. Not broken. Sheesh already - we're half way through the year & we haven't gone anywhere that cost. I think it'd be okay if we did splurge... ;)
I'm so glad I only share transtaction numbers & not amounts...
7 grocery store trips (includes drug store), total bill was just over $300 - which is a huge improvement for us. Let's see if I can keep that up. (Doubtful since I've already blown $200 in June. *sigh*), 15 gas station fill-ups, 8 restaurant/fast food outings (we went a bit crazy, I told you!), 8 others (Sams x2, Baylor for my CT scan, flowers, Petsmart, Goodwill (clothes for Kasen), diapers, Kohls (for previously mentioned clothes), & Autozone).

We fell off the track a bit this month. I'm not sure how far back on we'll get. We'll have to see. We've totally changed our lifestyle & our mindset & that's the big thing. I've decided to spend a little on Kasen's birthday/party, which I hadn't planned on doing. The only thing I'll have to pay for for his party is a few decorations, the food, ingredients for the cake, and a pinata. Luke's wonderful parents are getting the bounce house (yay!), so we're covered on entertainment. We'll buy him something cool as his gift. It may or may not be new, depending on what we decide to get him. I'm okay with it though. He's a kid, he deserves to have a fun birthday. :) Other than that, we really do need to get back on track. We're doing pretty good with the eating out & we really aren't going crazy buying things we want (trust me, there's a list!), so I can't say we're failing... we just got side tracked a bit.
7 months to go, let's see how we can do!

1 comment:

Katrina @ Bookish Things said...

I totally think you should take Kasen on a family outing. Y'all have done great even with getting side tracked. Keep it up!