Saturday, May 9

I did it... but I got one heck of a deal!

After debating & debating & debating, I decided to break the rules. (Yes, AGAIN. sigh)
-Because I have a job which requires me to be seen by other people (co-workers & customers), I need to look at least decent on a daily basis.
-Because I am cheap, I buy clothes that are cheeeeap, so they were starting to fade, rip, get holes, and look like crap.
-Because, while the rules allow for buying used clothes, it's REALLY hard to find work-appropriate stuff used. I did try though.
Sooooooooooooo, I went to Kohls. *gasp* I spent just under $100 (*double gasp!*), but here's what I got:
8, yes 8, shirts for me
4 shirts for Luke
A Dora book & bubbles for Kasen (he had a gift card from Christmas, so I left him buy whatever he wanted).
I'd say for just under $100 I did GREAT! I'd love more, of course. I could use pants, dresses, skirts, shoes, a new purse, and more shirts. (LOL!) But at least I can make it a good while before feeling like I am dressing too much like a slob again.
Was it a failure? In black & white, yes. In the reality of life, no. We're doing pretty well at this challenge, and I went over 5 months without buying any new clothes - that is a HUGE deal for me. Since I have to work, I have to dress appropriately (luckily I don't have to dress up much for my job, our only rule is: no jeans except on Fridays), so the reality of not buying new clothes for a whole year just wasn't possible. I didn't buy all the stuff I would've LIKED to buy, I obviously only bought stuff on sale super cheap & stuff that wasn't real trendy, so it'll last as long as the quality of the clothes allows.
So, there you have. I'm being honest & admitting to another failure, and I'm being honest about that fact that I kinda don't care that I was a failure this time. (At least not right now.)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I think you did okay - you got a great deal! Kohl's has great prices. You'll feel so much better with new shirts!

Dina said...

girl, you have been on my mind all week. I am glad you got some clothes. you are not a failure!

enjoy the new outfits without guilt :)

Dina said...

girl, you have been on my mind all week. I am glad you got some clothes. you are not a failure!

enjoy the new outfits without guilt :)